Zachary's weekend unhappiness turned out to likely be some kind of bug. His fever passed pretty quickly (well, after the multiple nights of being unhappy), turning into a rash that too is almost gone. Unfortunately, it looks like he's passed the virus on to mommy, so she was out of commission for the day yesterday, and is still recovering today. Something nasty has been going around, as I've seen coworkers and friends knocked out by this thing for multiple days.Unbelievable, but it hailed and snowed yesterday. And it stuck. Climate change is such fun, who would think it would cause snow in the middle of April? According to reliable sources (the guy who delivered our final pre-Passover chametz pizza last night), this was the first time in 30+ years that it's snowed this late into spring. And the weekend forecast is for more snow; even as I type, I see some snow and freezing rain starting up again outside - nuts!
Back to the little man, there have been a few more Zachary advancements. First, his two bottom teeth appear to have finally possibly ever-so-slightly broken through. Still looks a bit too close to call, but there's definitely more white than pink there, and you can definitely feel them when he gums (or I guess at this point, bites!) a finger. And this morning, mommy was playing with him and he was actually holding himself up on our ottoman for like 15 minutes. Then he took a bit of a faceplant (I guess better to do those before the teeth come in?), but he was back at it when I tried a little later on. He isn't pulling himself up yet or anything, but definitely some progress towards mobility, and he seemed to be looking around in wonder at his slightly higher self-driven view of the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment