I forgot to mention that earlier this week, Zachary reached another milestone - he's now self-supporting, at least in the most literal sense. Granted, we've got to position him correctly (standing him up in front of a table) - but once there, he can hold himself up more or less. We do need to keep a hand or leg around just in case, but it's still a milestone in my book.He's always liked "standing" much more than tummy time (which we continue to offer for those worried that this might be impeding him crawling, walking, or taking up tap dancing), whether we're holding him up, supporting him on the floor or a table, he's in the jumperoo, or if he's kind of floating upright in the bjorn (or our stylish new ergo - more on that once I get to try it out). And he's often reached out - for shopping carts, whatever's in my hands while I'm holding him, etc. So I suppose it wasn't a huge leap for him to figure out to put his arms down on a table to help support himself. Granted, he's not actually pushing himself up yet, and still will tip one direction or the other after a bit if we don't keep an eye on him. Still, look at the little standing man!
No comments:
Post a Comment