Thursday, July 17, 2008

Spaghetti-O's?

I wasn't 10 minutes into my morning commute when Meh called me on the cell phone this morning. Law-abiding citizen that I am, as I didn't have my pseudo-hands-free headset plugged in, I waited for a red light, got wired up, and called her back. Meh had been saying a happy "Uh-oh!" to Zachary when he repeatedly dropped his sippy cup on the floor after breakfast. (This is often one of his favorite ways to signify mealtime is over - he grabs the cup, holds it over the side of the high chair, releases it, and has a big smile on his face as he watches for us to react to the noise.) And for the first time, he responded to the "Uh-oh!" in kind! Well, sort of:

Meh apparently spent much of the rest of the morning trying to get him to repeat the feat - he didn't do it for me when I called back. And when I checked my voicemail, there was about a minute of Meh, without introduction or explanation, saying 'Uh oh!' followed by silence from the little man.

(For those of you who don't associate "Uh-oh!" and Spaghetti-O's, here's more than you ever wanted to know about the canned pasta-like product.)

No comments: