Thursday, November 27, 2008

Cut the turkey

The festive tableHappy thanksgiving! Today was an exhausting but lovely day of food, family, and friends. Grandma is visiting from Michigan, and we had a whole house full of friends joining us, including three kids (Zachary, a young infant, and a three-year-old). Meh of course outdid herself with the decorations and table-setting and made some amazing-tasting dishes (including apparently the desserts, though I'll have to sample those later!), including sweet potatoes with a coconut and brown sugar topping; I supplied challah and kind of sort of managed the cooking of the turkey; grandma helped with the mashed potatoes (with roasted garlic, yum!); and friends brought over a wide assortment of incredibly tasty soups, cranberry preparations, salads, stuffing, farro, greens, and other dishes as well. A great feast!

Cute pilgrim salt and pepper shakersBetween entertaining Zachary, keeping an eye on the food preparations, and acting as host, and I felt like I had hardly any opportunity to catch up with our friends, but I think everyone had a great time -- and we've got meals to last for the rest of the long weekend, I expect. It'll be really nice for the whole family to be home for four straight days, and we look forward to figuring out fun things to do with the little man and grandma even if the weather doesn't cooperate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day filled with family, friends, and delicious food. The beautiful table set the stage for a holiday feast. I have a lot to be thankful for. Love, Grandma