Another milestone: Zachary has made the transition to 2% milk. For those keeping score, this isn't actually a huge leap from whole milk, which I learned along the way is about 3.6% milkfat. But still, perhaps a slightly less fatty cup of milk will mean slightly more interest in trying new and different foods?Today I got to take Zachary to his swimming class all by myself; I hadn't attended in ages, and last time I'd been an observer. The little man was excited and happy from the moment we got out of the car, and knew exactly where we were. Changing was a minor challenge, as I got him into his swim diaper and then noticed a puddle start to form around his legs. Meh mentioned afterwards that the pre-swim pee is is a common tradition for him. I cleaned it all up, but he still managed to soak my shirt pretty well -- and we thought he was the one for whom we needed to carry a change of clothing? :)
He definitely knows what he's doing much more than I did; the class songs would start and he'd be smiling, excited, and splashy, and when there was an expected dip, he was halfway into it before I knew to dunk him. There were songs, fun toys, some back floating, life vest practice, playing on a little underwater platform, and sliding down a slide. I can't speak for Zachary, but I was ready for a nap afterwards!
Zachary continues to be fairly organized with at least certain toys; a few days ago, he managed to place all of his cars, trucks, train cars, and other wheeled objects up on the counter top in a continuous row, even continuing it around a corner to the wall. And today when mommy asked if he wanted to go for a walk, he ran over to his stroller, but Meh was surprised that, as she got her shoes on, he didn't impatiently whine for her to hurry up. When she got to the stroller, she discovered the reason: the little man had been carefully removing the full complement of cars he had placed in it, moving them one by one over to the bench.More speech advances: last night I read him that same Elmo bathtub book, and when I asked him the opposite of 'Stop', he said 'Gooo'. And when I asked the opposite of day, he said 'nah'. And then today, Meh reported that with Sesame Street on the television (and Zachary at least appearing to not really pay attention to it), he ran into the kitchen and happily told her 'bih bih' when Big Bird came on. Go, little man, gooo!
1 comment:
Too cute - the part about the cars, not the part about the pee on daddy's shirt - although I'm sure that was cute, too.
Post a Comment