Friday, December 25, 2009

9 1/2 Weeks

We're at 66 days and counting until Gooshie's due date! He continues to be very active, with much kicking and squirming. Last night we were feeling kicks every few seconds, and it seemed perhaps a bit too rhythmic -- until Meh guessed that we were more likely noticing tiny baby hiccups.

Zachary continues to not entirely get the big news, or that he's going to be a brother. Still, the changes are starting to add up to something for him; we've begun the move of objects and furniture that will create his new bedroom. He does seem to love his soon-to-be room, often asking that we take him upstairs just so he can watch the Snoopy and Red Baron dogfight mobile. And that's not the only thing involving endless circles that he enjoys, as demonstrated today at the park (while modeling his Thomas boots and new red mittens):

Tonight we did half of a "traditional" Jewish activity for Christmas, meeting some friends for dinner at a local Chinese restaurant. (They'd come from the other half of the tradition: going to see a movie. I don't think Zachary's quite ready for that yet, though we did try watching a bit of Finding Nemo on DVD with him today. Alas, he wasn't really interested in hanging around for it.) Zachary brought in one of his favorite books, and he and I had a very exciting communicative moment. He was looking at his book and saying "sha!". I couldn't tell what he was saying, so I incorrectly guessed a few times. When he shook his head, I asked what he was pointing at, and he grabbed my finger and pointed at the swing in a picture. I know this isn't such a huge thing, and it's better communication-wise if he points with his own finger and all that, but it was still a very exciting event for him to make the extra effort to directly tell me something!

1 comment:

Tereza said...

Yay Zachary!