Sunday, April 18, 2010

Evensongs

Buckle upJust to follow up on our last post (I realized that, though it was almost exclusively about Zachary, the pictures were exclusively of Owen - go figure), here's Zachary in action with the seatbelt for Owen's downstairs seat.

Balkan mommyLast night mommy's choir had a fabulous concert featuring something like 30 separate songs. They were wonderful, and I was equally impressed that so much of it was strictly memorized - there's a skill you never have to exercise with orchestral music! Zachary had a babysitter, but Owen and I ventured out to his first concert. The performance venue even had a "baby/loud child" room. Alas, the baby room's PA system speaker was broken, so we could barely hear when we started off in there. Thankfully, Owen conked out almost literally as the concert started, so we snuck back into the main hall and enjoyed the entire first half, including some excellent mommy solos. He got a snack at intermission and then was a little more fussy/squirmy for the second half, requiring us to hang out in the hall and kitchen pass-through area. But we could still hear okay, and overall I'll call it a successful first concert for tiny man!

Tuesday I'm off to Japan for the rest of the week, my first long trip away since our family became four. It will be difficult to be away for so long, though I'm certain much more challenging for Meh to be taking care of the two boys by herself. I wish we could all go together, though I'm not quite sure how Zachary would respond to a 10.5 hour flight! Thankfully several friends have offered to come over and help out, so at least there will be a second grownup to even the odds a bit from time to time.

No comments: