Wednesday, April 07, 2010

It's just gas

What's up wid dis guy?Owen continues to develop a pretty variable series of expressions, including big smiles, serious frowns and, um, I don't even know what to think of the picture to the left, other than "No how you doin'?" But he's got a great series of actual smiles, frequently culminating with a big, wide open grin. He of course also looks cute while he's asleep - often developing little smiles in the middle of dreams that I'm guessing are still pretty topic-limited. Even when he does cry, it's generally more of a tiny goat-like "nyeah!".

Grin-goToday also marked the arrival in the mail of those wonderful professional photos we had taken of him when he was two days old. It's amazing how much he's changed in just a month! You can check out the full collection, in both black-and-white and color no less, here. We're so delighted with how they turned out, hooray for Keri's great eye. I'm still a huge fan of the ones she took with him wrapped in a cozy yarny fabric; it reminds me of a formal judge's wig, and I keep thinking of him banging down a tiny gavel and saying "guilty!" when I look at it. That, or that perhaps this image could be the backing of some future Owen-based paper currency?
In Owen We Trust

2 comments:

Claire said...

In that first picture, he's pointing to whoever is holding him, saying, "'ey! Check out DIS guy!"

Scoot said...

I know! If you hover over the picture, I'd captioned it "What's up wid dis guy?" Silly man!