(Hm, looks like we've got a whole 'cheese' theme going with two straight blog entries now...)
Today, Zachary went to his first sit down restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory. Of course, he continues to order "off of the menu", as it were. But friends J and S were free and had suggested their favorite restaurant (it's quite high on our list as well). Cheesecake Factory has got everything we're looking for in a baby-friendly restaurant: not too far of a drive, semi-private booths, loud ambient noise, and fairly quick service once you wade through their tome of a menu figuring out what to eat. This was all mostly moot, as Zachary successfully slept through what turned out to be a lovely 2-hour lunch (where'd the time go?). He was only slightly fussy on the drive home before getting his own afternoon snack.
Early tomorrow morning I head to Austin as previously mentioned for a conference. (Incidentally, the temperature there today was apparently 83, with 98% humidity. Ew.) It's going to be very difficult for me to be separated from Meh and Zachary for four full days -- and an even greater challenge for Meh to be home alone. Again, friends have generously offered to bring meals, check in, and otherwise offer support while I'm gone, to which I again say thank you all so much. And Korby will be taking an early trip to the kennel-free dog ranch he stays at when we're out of town. (While he's happy to see us when we pick him up, he never looks back when we drop him off.) But I'll still feel better when I'm back late Friday night. Well, better until the next morning, when we all head out together on our first family road trip, travelling to Michigan bright and early on Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment