Saturday, September 01, 2007

Shabbat Shalom, Zachary!


Last night friend K brought us Chinese food and Scoot made challah for Zachary's first Shabbat dinner. It was the first time we said the blessing over our child that is said on Friday nights, and it was very special! Zachary dutifully emulated Ephraim and Menashe and sweetly slept right through it (I think that definitely counts as doing a good deed, which is one reason we bless our sons for these two brothers on Shabbat).

Zachary continued his peaceful repose long enough for Meh to actually eat her WHOLE dinner! Unfortunately, he made up for it by being persnickety in the wee hours of the morning.

We made kiddush with some homemade plum hooch my friend and fellow Dunava singer made, it was fantastic! I only drank a little of this strong and sweet delight, since I wasn't sure how it would affect Zachary at mealtime...though, I wonder if it would help with his sleep?

No comments: