Wednesday, September 12, 2007

ImageStation, I Scoff at Thee

Zachary gets a glazed look as daddy tries to explain why Flickr is better than Shutterfly
Recall my annoyance last month when Sony ImageStation's "twelve hour" maintenance cycle ended up spiralling into a whole weekend -- and right after we'd posted cute Zachary photos that family were clamoring to see. Today things got more annoying though, as they announced they're ending their service entirely, and trying to pipe all of their customers over to Shutterfly. Shutterfly is a fine service, but it doesn't let people see high-resolution photos (so they can download them, print them locally, or choose their own printing options), so I wasn't interested in using them. Therefore, I now proudly make the leap to everyone's favorite free photo sharing service, Flickr, which has no such restrictions. Of course, all of the clever captions from the ImageStation days will be null and void. Does Scott's extraordinary wit really enhance the viewing experience? Or can these images truly stand for themselves? Stay tuned.

In the meantime, the first two albums are now posted -- our pictures from Michigan, and a set of photos from grandma's camera (taken by a variety of staff photographers at the pidyon ha-ben and throughout the rest of the visit). Let me know if those links work, I'm still figuring out the whole permissions thing. Of course, you can absorb the full stream of Selfon photos (which right now just consists of exactly those two albums), I think here.

More pics to come; we're a little behind on the combinations of outfits-in-various-pieces-of-baby-furniture photo uploading.

No comments: