I've been continuing the genealogy research in my free time, and have been having way too much fun trying to find Selfons around the country (and indeed the world -- found a couple living in England in the 1830s, who are the oldest Selfons in the collection thus far). There have been nice e-mail conversations with the grandmother and parents of the 'other' Zachary Selfon, who sent along this picture (Zachary is second from the left). Since this ongoing search is likely of primary interest to me (and perhaps the other Selfons I've found, now tallying more than 100!), I'll spare our blog most of the details.Except for this one bit of trivia:
My research has uncovered a series of potential relatives who are purebred dogs. Yes, a line of brussels griffons named Selfon -- one named "Selfon's Best Effort", and her mother is "Selfon's Bo A Number 10". The "Ch" before the mom's (and dad's) names apparently indicates they're champions, though of what competitions I can't tell.
For those wondering, no, I don't think they're any relation to Korby or Uncle Gus. Okay fine, maybe like twentieth cousins or something. Alas, Geni.com doesn't seem to support entering pedigree dogs as your relatives in their family entry system.
No comments:
Post a Comment