
No, that's not a tongue protruding from Mommy pumpkin's mouth. That would be the "slimy" part of this post. It's a large slug.

I hate slugs. I have often said that I really don't see what purpose they serve in nature, besides being disgusting and eating whatever I plant in the garden. Okay, I suppose they provide food for some birds and snakes and stuff. I do like birds and snakes.
I was inspired to make Halloween cupcakes after reading M and K's latest blog entry. However, I have been doing entirely too much baking lately, so I chose a recipe from my Small Batch Baking book, which makes only 4 chocolate cupcakes. Now, this book is not to be confused with the Easy Bake Oven Gourmet, which has recipes for pint-sized desserts made in the aforementioned tiny oven. The cupcakes were a bit dry, though the peanut butter frosting was creamy and delicious! The sprinkles are tiny orange balls and black cats.

Zachary was determined to undermine my cupcakes today by insisting on being held most of the time. Here is His Crankiness in a cute, soon-to-be-too-small outfit.

I guess I shouldn't complain, since Zachary has slept through the night for 3 nights in a row!!! That's 7, 8, and 10.5 hours. We are dumbfounded, since we did nothing differently, but grateful for our first uninterrupted stretches of sleep since August.
2 comments:
At least you baked cute little Halloween cupcakes....all I did was raid the Halloween candy...shame on me!
Hey - that picture of the slug was deemed so gross by Flickr that it was blocked on my Flickr homepage. It's gross, but it's not THAT gross.
In other news, I wasn't thrilled with the taste of my cupcakes, so perhaps yours were yummier!
Post a Comment