
Zachary's 4-month checkup was this morning, and all was looking good. His doctor continues to present the exam (and discussion about milestones, progress, and development) mainly to Zachary himself, which we think is a lot of fun. ("You can now see 20 feet in front of you!") Everything was looking good and developing as expected, and he even actually braved the 4 shots admirably. The stats:
Weight: 16 lbs 5.5 oz (75-90th percentile)
Height: 26 1/4" (90th percentile)
Head circumference: 42 cm (50th percentile)
Meh and I had been making weight guesses, and Zachary basically split the difference in the end. (Or she'll tell you that
Price is Right bidding was in effect, so since I overbid, I lose.) At least he isn't getting a big head about things, ba-dum-bum. Ouch, worst blog pun
ever. Anyway, looking back at his
last checkup, everything seems to indeed be staying at about the same percentiles on the graphs. The doctor presumed that the height was genetic and came from dad. Um, no, I was apparently always way below the chart. Therefore, we think mommy's family's genes may be kicking in here. Again, baby size doesn't reflect grown-up size, so who knows. But based on 6.25" growth in 4 months, if he can keep up this rate, he'll be nearly 30 feet tall on his 18th birthday. Nice.
This morning also marked the end of the
shloshim period of mourning, which means I can now cut my hair and beard again. At least, whenever I can find the time. Incidentally, for those wondering about the final beard poll stats:
- Lose the beard: 5 (27%)
- Save the beard (but at least trim it for goodness sake): 10 (55%)
- What beard? That thing you've got barely looks like two days growth: 1 (5%)
- Go for a goatee: 1 (5%)
- Moustached Scoot: 0 (0%)
- Two words: Lamb chops: 1 (5%)
Bravo to the brave souls who voted for lamb chops and my self-deprecating joke. But hooray for nobody thinking a moustache is a good idea. As I'd said, the poll was mainly for fun; there's only one person whose vote really matters, and that's... Meh's. :-) Still, in this regard, I definitely agree with her. It's scruffy and itchy, and I keep seeing or feeling it peripherally at meals. I just hope Zachary still recognizes daddy when it's gone, not that I think he'll miss
daddy's scratchy face. Several friends have recommended some form of time-lapse photography when the shaver comes out - I'll have to see what we can do about that.
2 comments:
Not to be nit-picky, but there's a mismatch between the weight stats in this blog entry and the historical data in the right-hand column. How are we supposed to chart it at home without the right data?!
Whoops - good catch, the right-hand column is now corrected. Thanks for keeping the blog honest, Tait. :)
Post a Comment