
Zachary's mima arrived for a visit late last night, and today she got to sample many of his favorite daily activities: after morning playtime, Meh, mima, and Zachary took a trip to the mommy-and-me movies (I miss those!). They then went to lunch (which I believe all three of them enjoyed in various formats) at the traditional post-movie Cheesecake Factory, before visiting friend T and son T (very nearly Zachary's age) at their home. They had an evening of dancing (here's where I joined back in from work), followed with a very happy naked baffy time (featuring my first experience with him making a diaper in the tub; the experience was preceded by happy cooing, and followed by laughter).

Once we'd put Zachary down for the night, mima generously allowed Meh and me to go out to dinner for Valentine's day! We picked the local Italian restaurant, which is just this side of kitsch, complete with those red textured-glass candle holders, brick walls, ambient opera music, Tuscan scenes on the walls, and I think they used to have the red and white checkerboard tableclothes as well. I laughed at their menu's claim of an incongruous "authentic taste of Italy in Kenmore". But you can't mess with the food, including amazing homemade bread (Meh says it's the best bread she's ever had - quickly adding "well, second only to your challah"), excellent pizza that we order for take out every week or two, and yummy pastas. We enjoyed a dinner of fettucine (me) and lasagne (Meh), as well as a yummy pie-shaped slice of tiramisu. It was so nice to just have a quiet and relaxing evening out - thank you mima!
No comments:
Post a Comment