Monday, February 04, 2008

The *real* talking baby

Apparently the big buzz advertisement-wise from the Super Bowl was an E*Trade ad featuring a talking baby. I can't speak for that, as Zachary and I only caught a bit under a quarter of the game, and maybe a handful of fairly underwhelming ads, but a talking baby created by computer-generated trickery can't compete with Zachary, whose baby babbling continues to progress. Yesterday he started repeating sounds other than 'bah-wah-wah-wah' (still his favorite with hand firmly in mouth), and one of them was 'da-da'. No, he's not saying my name yet or anything, though Meh was a little despondent that the 'm' sound doesn't appear to be in sight yet.

Zachary and I spent the little of the Super Bowl we saw at a party featuring quite a few 2- and 3-year olds. It was interesting to see the household changes that accompany kids once they're mobile; in place of matts/blankets and exersaucers/jumperoos, there were gates surrounding all dangerous climbing/running surfaces (fireplace, counters, etc.). I'm already starting to take mental notes on the many different elements we'll have to childproof down the road - dreading the hundreds of baby-accessible cabinets in the kitchen, maybe we should just gate the whole thing off?

Happy baby!Anyway, friends D & D had brought their famous homemade pizza crusts to make custom pizzas for everyone at the party, and generously put in a to-go order for Zachary and me to bring to Meh at work. I realized I'd never gotten a proper picture of Zachary and mommy at work during my parental leave, so the camera came along this time. As usual, his face lit up when he saw mommy, and he was smiley and giggly during our whole visit. Even though we only get to see Meh briefly at work (and now only a few times there each week), I know it's a favorite part of both Zachary's and my days.

No comments: