Zachary's newest baffy time trend has replaced his previous cute and at least moderately sterile tradition of peeing to signal the end of bath time. Now he, er, goes number two in the tub instead. This is pretty challenging -- with only two hands (or even four if we're both bathing him), it's pretty tough to get him out of the tub, empty the tub, rinse the tub, refill the tub, and get him back in as quickly as possible. But this doesn't bother him, he's just as happy as can be. (In fact, we're starting to learn that when he's particularly happy and vocal, that may be what the professionals call a "late cue" that pooping is imminent or has already occurred.)I could bore and/or gross you out with the, er, changing characteristics as he transitions into more 'solid' foods (well, they're all still a variety of pureed goos; he's now eating organic whole grain rice cereal in addition to a variety of fruits and veggies), but I'll spare our readers the details. Did I ever think there would be so much focus on bowel movements? Well, Meh and I have for years always similarly checked with each other on Korby's status after walking him, and debated/told stories of the size, smell, and/or location of his latest accomplishment, so I'd say we had an inkling this topic wouldn't be going away.
Tonight we're attempting another travelling bedtime, as friends S and S have invited us over for dinner - here's hoping that he sleeps through all of the transitions, and that he has (and we have) a restful night!
No comments:
Post a Comment