Saturday, March 01, 2008

We control the vertical

Please stand by...Probably more accurate to talk about camera perspective and orientation than 'vertical' but whatever. Zachary and I are enjoying a nice weekend together while mommy is working. (Yes, we visit her as often as she'll allow, which is usually once a day at her -- and Zachary's -- lunch/afternoon break.) Zachary and I are actually able to more actively play together - he laughs at the various sounds, faces, and actions I perform. Really anything I do seems to make him smile and/or laugh, which either means I'm very funny or he thinks I'm very funny looking. I guess I can live with either one. Anyway, he's been super-talkative and vocal, even somewhat more consistently saying 'da-da' while looking in my direction, though I still don't think there's any correlation yet.

If, during play time, Korby requires my attention (which is frequently - to go out; come in; come get his leash untangled from trees and rocks in the yard; refill his water bowl; to ask for food starting at 1 pm even though he doesn't get it until 5 pm... okay, 4 pm... fine, 3:45 pm at the earliest), Zachary will sometimes even let me know that it's not cool to stop playing with him for those brief few moments, with whimpers and whines sometimes shifting quickly into crying. I'm still amazed that the moment he starts crying, the waterworks kick in. There have been times where he's cried for just a moment getting in or out of the car seat, and then Meh sees him a few minutes later and asks what's wrong, with a few well-placed tears streaking down his face despite a giant smile for mommy. This kid may have a future as an actor.

No comments: