Scoot does an amazing job of keeping our readers up to date regarding Zachary's activities, vocal progress, bowel movements, etc., but I thought I would just chime in with some of the Mommy perspective.
On the weekends I work (every other weekend, for those of you who don't know) Zachary and Daddy have fun together. I miss them so much during these times. I'm so lucky that Scoot brings Zachary to work to visit me! They would stay at the library all day if I let them, but I think that's pushing it. Yet, there's nothing quite as soothing as opening the workroom door to see their smiling faces after assisting a patron in finding the next movie that stars Who0pi G0ldberg (for the third time that day). Sigh. I flatter myself that Zachary brightens everyone's day when he visits the library for a snack with Mommy. Luckily, my new 20 hour schedule kicks in tomorrow, so I will have more Zachary time!
I am trying to keep my foot in my more creative activities, as well. Dunava performed at a Baba Marta festival last night (I went straight from work and got home just in time for Zachary's bedtime snack), and we are working on recording a CD. I'm also joining a stamping/card-making club that meets monthly, and our monthly book club is back in session after a brief holiday season hiatus. Sometimes I worry that Scoot isn't getting enough "guy" time away from Zachary and me, but when I voiced my concern he responded with the ever-appropriate and comforting, "Meh-meh...meh-meh". Most of my activities take place while Zachary is asleep, but I felt bad leaving Scoot so often the past couple weeks. We made up for it by staying up too late watching Law and Order and our Netflix movies the past couple evenings.
What with my work schedule the way it was, I have been having a hard time pumping enough milk for my growing boy. It has been the cause of much anxiety for me that Zachary might (gasp!) have to supplement with a little formula. I was given only formula, and I think I turned out fine, but you just get so bombarded with "breastmilk is best" propaganda that it seems like the worst failure in the world to run low on milk. I did my best for months, pumping before bed, after Zachary's meals, whenever I could to get the bare minimum for him as my measly stockpile in the freezer diminished, but this week I finally ran out. Zachary had some formula with his nanny J last Friday, and a little before bed last night (though I made it home to finish him off before he fell asleep). Now, I have been told that it is a myth that giving formula to babies at bedtime will make them sleep longer (something to do with it being less easily digested, keeping them full longer). However, Friday night Zachary slept until 4:45am, and last night he slept until 3am. Normally, he is awake for a feed between midnight and 1:30am or so. Hmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment