Though by months he's got another day before any official celebration, by sheer number-of-days-old reckoning, Zachary is 1/2 year old today! Well, I guess half-way through yesterday was the point when he was actually 182.5 days old. Or would that be at 10 am this morning, since he was born at 10 pm? Anyway, happy half birthday to Zachary! Today was appropriately enough his 6-month old appointment, and we got his latest statistics:Weight: 18 lbs. even (50th-75th percentile)
Height: 27" (50th-75th percentile)
Head circumference: 44.5 cm (50th-75th percentile)
How's that for consistency? And he continues to certainly kick daddy's butt in all of the vital stats. (As grandma has reminded us, I myself was always way below the whole chart, let alone even the 10th percentile.)
From the doctor, we headed to the airport; today I'm off to San Francisco for a super-brief less-than-24-hour trip. I actually attempted to find a ticket that would even get me back home tonight, but between the various airports' curfews and the event I'm flying down for not ending until 10:30 pm at the earliest, I had to grab a flight back the next day.
Allow me to briefly extol the virtues of the excellent public transportation in the Bay Area - I'm a big fan of the BART, which allows me to fly into the less hectic (and less frequently fogged-in) Oakland airport, and for like $6 and under a mile of walking get me all the way to my event's venue in the heart of San Francisco. I plan to take it back to the airport tomorrow as well. Meh always makes fun of me eagerly checking out the progress of SeaTac airport's own light rail project every time we head to the airport, but good public transit is just something that appeals to me for some weird unexplainable reasons. (I know, this is practically blasphemous for someone growing up in the Detroit area.) Granted, Seattle's busses have served me well, but there's something about taking a magical alternative form of transportation on its own dedicated transit lines deep under the ground that just seems satisfying to use, even if it's stifling in the summers (New York), has creepy male and female synthesized voices announcing train arrivals (Bay Area), has a creepily sterile industrial aesthetic (DC), has way too many line names with color schemes that are treacherously overlapping (Tokyo), involves insane passenger-packing at rush hour (most cities), or seems like a bit of overkill given the city's layout and usage (Toronto and Athens). I know, I can't explain the appeal either, but I love it anyway.
Meh and Zachary dropped me off at the airport just a few minutes ago, where I'm enjoying a quick cocoa and blog entry that I'm, whoops, going to have to finish on the tail end of this flight - sounds like they're boarding!
No comments:
Post a Comment