Friday, May 08, 2009

It's my potty, I can cry if I want to

Smiling eating manI keep forgetting to mention the milestones - Zachary's cuspids (canines) are coming in on both the top and the bottom, which of course means more hands in the mouth and occasional unhappiness. On the verbal front, he's still very talkative, and has started to say 'uck!' at times, which we think might mean 'truck'. On the food front, he's actually been seen using a fork to pick up food (often just to pull it off the fork with the other hand, but we'll take it one step at a time), and will very occasionally surprise us by eating something we offer him that isn't on his top ten list.

In the playtime department, he continues to be more and more interactive -- books, singing, dancing, playing the piano, and going to the park are among his favorite activities (the way he runs to the stroller when I ask if he wants to go to the park or for a walk is priceless). He and I have also developed a fun little bathtime game where we take turns saying various sounds and words that end in 'ah'. He of course starts with the classic 'Dah!', but then moves on to 'blah', 'crah', 'quah', 'xa', 'hnah' (a very impressive one), and other sounds. The game almost always gets him laughing, particularly when it takes me a second or two to come up with one I haven't already said (my extra rule to keep things challenging for daddy).

Meh brought home a little potty the other day, donated by one of her generous coworkers. It's very cute and multi-colored, though I'm not sure about Zachary showing an interest in training any time soon - he's still completely satisfied running around wearing a diaper comprising at least half his weight. And he often gets angry when it's time for said diaper to be changed, despite songs, distractions, and games. Not entirely related (though who knows?), both Meh and I have been subject to, um, 'accidents' in the past few days when we remove the diaper and wait more than a precious few seconds before grabbing a new one from the other room (Meh) or getting him into the bath (me).

Blog reader (or at least blog commenter :) demand for pictures of the flipped rooms and our portraits has been high, so I busted out with our old camera (and yup, a new one has been ordered) and snapped a few shots.

Ye living roomYe dining room

As the final part of the flip (well, for now at least!), I installed three new overhead light fixtures -- and no electrocutions to show for it. Score.

No comments: