Friday, June 19, 2009

The big sleep

...was not meant to be this morning; still clearly on Eastern time from our trip, Zachary was up before 4 am. We went downstairs to let mommy sleep just a bit longer, and he was again excited and happy to be home, pulling out and dumping out his legos to build another tall and crazily unstable creation.

Mommy began her 4-day-in-a-row work rotation this morning, and put little man down for a nap before she left, at around 8:30 am. At about 10:20, he woke up very angry. I changed his diaper and snuggled him with his blanket on the changing pad on the floor, and before I realized it, we'd both fallen asleep! At 11:20, we both sort of woke up - I'd somehow ended up using a small bit of blankie for a pillow. Zachary stood up, pulled his blanket out from under my head, threw it back down on the floor, and collapsed back onto it, asleep again. I snuck out (though not downstairs; I didn't want to leave him sleeping outside of the crib!) and did some work in the office until he woke up for good (and very happy) at a little after 12. Crazy three-and a half hour napping man!

No comments: