I guess you could say that the Sloane women have always had a thing about fake food as decor. For example, I remember a basket of papier-mâché fruits and veggies in the kitchen that my brother and I would somtimes play with. I have been known to make minature versions of food out of polymer clay. Nowadays, my Mom has a plate of realistic-looking ceramic cookies on the counter (don't even try to pick one up, they are fused to the plate) and papier-mâché breads in a basket.
My Mom's newest project (inspiried by me?) is knitted cupcakes:

I have been looking around online for other handmade cupcakes to give her inspiration, and I found a tutorial for making felt cupcakes, I just had to try it. I even had all the materials lying around, evidence of my former life as a Sunday school teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment