Saturday, March 13, 2010

You're So Vain

Snuggly for an outingOwen got to meet many of mommy's coworkers in yesterday's family outing to the library. Zachary wasn't as interested in socializing as running around and climbing up and down the stairs, so he and I tired ourselves out on the wide staircases (perhaps to the dismay of other patrons trying to get up and down them) while mommy made the introductions.

More progress on the adapting-to-a-new-sibling front: this morning, Owen hung out in mima and papa arms while Zachary had breakfast, and Z was suddenly very interested and smiling at the tiny little man. And mommy can read Z books successfully without him having to be in her lap (which was a challenge when Owen was already there). So definitely some improvements!

You're so vainIn preparation for Owen's bris on Monday, I put together a folder of pictures for the Xbox to cycle through (figuring folks likely won't get much of a chance to spend much time with him in person). I tried it out today and Zachary immediately sat down, started watching, and now loves it perhaps even more than his favorite TV show. He keeps pointing at the TV and labelling people and objects in the pictures. For Owen, I was proud that he eventually started saying 'ba-ba' (baby), though not yet his actual name. Almost more entertaining was what he *did* label. One picture had his lego set just barely visible in a corner of the frame, and he kept pointing it out ("wa-ka!"). But he's been great at identifying the people and objects in pictures as well. Of course his favorite pics are of himself.

Grandma and grandsonsGrandma arrived today from Michigan today (and Aunt I is due in in a few hours from Maryland). Zachary readily identified grandma as "ga-ga", and was happy to have another fun family members to play with! Grandma was of course delighted to meet her second grandson and spend some quality time with both of them. Despite the communal lack of sleep, I was finally in town this year for the Harmony Sweeps competition, so with Meh's permission (and the very supportive Mima and Papa handling Zachary's bedtime routine) I'm going to push through and head down to Olympia tonight to cheer on my favorite all-Microsoft a cappella group -- good luck Baudboys!

1 comment:

katem said...

Love that jacket! (Also: those boys!)