Sunday, March 14, 2010

Owen Goes Cordless

Aunt I with OwenI forgot to mention yesterday - Owen's already lost his cord! It disappeared somewhere between diaper changes yesterday, and everything looks to be healing quickly. Zachary's had departed a bit later on (soon after his bris), so already some differences between the two boys. On that topic, I know there's a huge temptation to censor direct comparisons as favoring or judging one boy against the other, but my feeling is that they're both just different little boys and it's okay to talk about those differences, right? Meanwhile, both Meh and I have caught ourselves inadvertently calling Owen by Zachary's name on a few occasions. Learning a new name perfectly right off the bat is tough!

On the topic of names, Zachary has now progressed to starting to point at Owen (or more frequently his picture on that loop of photos I put into the Xbox) and then calling him "o-wee" (or sometimes "o-wah").

Z and his pink monster truckOwen continues to spend more and more time awake and in that "quiet alert" state, which we think for him looks like a continual state of wide-eyed shock. He got to meet his Aunt I today. Then grandma, Aunt I, and I took Zachary to the park to give mommy and Owen a little quiet time (and let Zachary run around like a crazy man on various toys, swings, and slides). Aunt I brought Zachary's new favorite toys: a set of toy monster trucks ("mah-mah!"). He already loved the word from his favorite book, and now he's got four of them to push around and say "uh-oh" and "crash!" about.

No comments: