Not all of the milestones are restricted to Zachary - today, for instance, was Meh's very first mother's day! Zachary and I had descended on the mall yesterday (Meh was of course immediately suspicious) to pick up things that we'd honestly planned out ahead of time -- while Zachary loves walking around retail stores and seeing all of the fun colors, he isn't as thrilled with the standing relatively still that browsing entails. So he and I had mostly picked out things ahead of time for mommy - thank goodness for accurate and functional retail browsing online!We met friend J (of J & S, not S & J) for lunch first, where all three guys enjoyed a meal together - Zachary had cheerios and yogurt, along with a side of tasty laminated menu, as is his preference. Then he and I were off for the gift pick-ups, where there were of course a few small glitches. A cute set of dessert plates to match the lovely tea set that mima had gotten her for her birthday was nowhere to be found, and we eventually ended up with the last ones in the store. We strolled around outside to get to the next store, and encountered some picketing women handing out pamphlets explaining that mother's day actually (at least in their view) originated as an anti-war movement, and suggesting that everyone join their crusade to end government oppression and human rights abuses. And here I thought it was just an innocent Hallmark-invented/driven holiday. *shrug*
Today friends S & J (not to be confused with J & S) invited us over for a lovely brunch, where they busted out with their impressively large pro camera and snapped phenomenal photos of Zachary, which you can see here. He was very happy and screechy (that's the explanation for all of the open-mouthed shots) while Meh and I enjoyed a variety of tasty breakfast treats created by S & J. When Meh headed off to work, Zachary and I hung out a bit longer, where he had his own lunch and we got to catch up more with S & J - hopefully not overstaying our welcome too much!I've somehow mastered the art of carrying 2 hot dogs, 2 sodas, and Zachary (well, the last in the baby bjorn) at once, which came in handy when we got the opportunity to bring Meh a sophisticated mother's day dinner of, well, a Costco hot dog and soda. We then got to visit briefly with mommy before heading back home, the end of a busy weekend of good shopping, good food, and good friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment