Monday, October 06, 2008
Can you hear me now?
One thing I didn't mention yesterday was another milestone for the little man that occurred in my absence, though I was a participant and remote witness. I've of course continued to stay in touch with Meh and Zachary, following their day's activities through phone calls when possible and practical with that pesky three-hour time change. During past trips away from home, when Meh said "talk to daddy!" and held the phone up to his ear, Zachary would sometimes smile when I talked to him, but then either looked around the room trying to find daddy, or reached out to grab the enticingly glowing cellphone. But yesterday, and again today, my "dih-dah dih-dah!" (modelled after his lovely original song) was actually met with a happy "dah-dah, dah-dah!" on the other end of the phone. He only did it once per call, and then apparently just smiled at the phone some more while listening, but it was wonderful to get a reaction and to communicate with him for the first time on the other end of the line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment