He: Xbox audio guy.
She: Madame Librarian.
Z: Good little man.
O: Good littler man.
L: Good littlest lady.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
That dishwasher-fresh taste
As Zachary's nanny is out of town this week, I "worked" from home today. I'll put that in quotation marks, because I had vague notions of getting things done while the little man napped, but his naps were inconsistent (and Korby occupied my time during those brief intervals) and some of the work I had planned to do was somewhat time-oriented. So I ended up in a conference call right as Zachary was at his chattiest. Thank goodness my phone has a mute button, though on a few occasions when I was really trying to punctuate a point I did let Zachary's agreements come through over the phone as well. Hopefully I didn't get the mute/unmute reversed though, since I was occasionally trying to respond to Zachary's comments or otherwise interact in a way that might come off as humorous to my coworkers.
It was fun spending the day with a little walking man - he'd come over to me to check in and/or give my knees a hug, then walk back away (often collapsing back down into a crawl if something of interest was far enough away) to explore and/or play. And while everyone has their personal habits and quirks, here's a rather weird one that came on today for Zachary: he decided that he really likes to lick the dishwasher. I can't tell if it's just a preference for the smooth stainless steel texture or something else, but pretty bizarre, and pretty darn funny. Well, funny until we decide to analyze it enough to get all paranoid about what kinds of household cleaners might be getting used on the dishwasher...
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
That's so cute!!! Jakub enjoys the dishwasher as well, but from the inside. When I'm unloading the clean dishes, he will slide the bttom rack back and climb onto the door and slurp the water, if I'm not looking. He also enjoys changing the setting, especially mid-wash. I've had to restart loads several times because of this habit.
1 comment:
That's so cute!!! Jakub enjoys the dishwasher as well, but from the inside. When I'm unloading the clean dishes, he will slide the bttom rack back and climb onto the door and slurp the water, if I'm not looking. He also enjoys changing the setting, especially mid-wash. I've had to restart loads several times because of this habit.
Post a Comment