Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Three and Out

Drink and read(Or should that be three and in?) It's day three of Gooshie watch 2010, and already 50% of our poll-takers are proven wrong; that Gooshie is certainly one tough bookie. I've taken to staying home starting today (a two-and-a-half year old is exhausting even if you aren't nine months pregnant!), though impressively, Meh still went to work. Zachary and I visited her as part of a very full day of reading books (often the same ones repeatedly), playing at a park near mommy's work, grocery shopping, and a Scandinavian shopping and lunch trip (I had to force myself to eat his super-tasty macaroni and cheese when he declined).

Today I also ordered some old standbys from Zachary's early days - Butt Paste, some extra-gentle wipes, and perhaps most importantly, a crate of size 1 diapers. The room transition also continues -- we've been doing more and more of the bedtime routine in the big boy room, until now everything short of actually going to bed takes place there. That step will likely wait a bit, but it's good to see how smoothly he's made the transition (even if after bathtime he still tends to run naked into his own old room before remembering that the clothes, books, and story time are the other direction).

2 comments:

katem said...

Gotta love the Butt Paste!

Anonymous said...

I remember when Scott was 2 weeks late. I bet you all are ready for the finished product!!! Love, Grandma