
Z has long enjoyed drawing, and has pretty much drawn his way right through about four magandoodles (I don't think I knew before that they could actually wear out), as well as multiple reams of paper with a variety of sketching media (pencils, pens, markers, crayons). The subject matter varies a bit -- buildings, people, lots of interest in vehicles, roads, traffic signals, and (for some reason) utility poles are among his favorites. This weekend we went to a party at friend J's house, and Z was intently using her oversized (and more or less pristine) magnadoodle. When I checked in on his masterpiece, I saw that for the first time, some of the roads were at an angle and seemingly disappearing in the distance --

Z has discovered and started using perspective. Go Z! Once he's done, he's quick to erase and move onto the next picture; thankfully I got this shot a few moments before he started a second (also perspective-aware) drawing.
No comments:
Post a Comment