Sunday, July 20, 2014

Boys (2), Man

While we've been missing mommy and L a lot, the boys and I have certainly been filling the time effectively! The week featured school for O and camp for Z; O gets out of school earlier on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so he and I got to have some quality time at a variety of parks. And maybe got ice cream one or two times. One of the parks had a piece of playground equipment that reflected some of the city's sister cities around the world; it was amusing to think that two of these cities were far closer to mommy and L than we were, and O was asking what direction mommy was from each of them. We also had a sushi dinner and guys' evening at the beach. And the boys have had renewed bathtime interest in their foam vehicle and robot stickers; when I tried to coax O out the other night after the tub had already been drained for like 10 minutes, he very seriously commented, "No, daddy. I have to build my robots."

Yesterday morning we started the day by Skyping with mommy and L -- it was so good to get to talk to them, and both boys were very happy to see the girls. As an added bonus, we got a mini-tour of Varna, as, while video conferencing with us on her phone, mommy walked from her hotel room down to the Black Sea with L to quickly dip her toes. O of course dominated the conversation so Z and I couldn't really get much of a word in edgewise, but it was still good to get everyone chatting together, and it sounds like the two of them (and Meh's entire choir) are having an excellent time!

No comments: