
The family's hectic summer travel season continues -- this week I've been in the UK for a
conference. Alas, didn't get too much time in my favorite (favourite?)
city, as the event was down on the coast in
Brighton. Somehow I managed to miss the actual beach (it was actually a bit chilly and very breezy) and the landmark
pier, but the conference itself was certainly productive and thought provoking.

And I did get to have one lovely London afternoon with N, S, and their kids R and J, followed by an excellent
dinner for the grownups. It's always fun getting to interact with the kids, as they're only slightly older than my boys, so it's sometimes a bit like looking into the future. In addition to the event itself, I did have a day of meetings back in the city, and visited not only Meh's favourite
market for a lunch get together, but also checked out a
replica tall ship docked in the port -- as usual, I've been keeping an eye out for fun vehicles that the boys would enjoy pictures of. Of course, the one I most like taking a picture of is the
plane that takes me back home to them!
No comments:
Post a Comment