(Not the weather, which is thankfully back up into the lovely 70s - though the rain continues, perhaps today will be a bit clearer though?)
We're now down to the last 1000 days ("1000" is binary for 8 - wow, did the blog just jump up several dorkiness factors?). Speaking of dorks, yesterday I visited my friends' film music scoring session for "Sydney White" [previously the title was addended with "and the Seven Dorks"] downtown at Benaroya Hall. It was excellent getting to see a few clips of the movie (sans sound), see them being so succesful and 'at work', and hearing Derbie's amazing and wide-ranging music (both from the booth and at one point sitting in a nearly empty Benaroya to hear a personalized performance) - plus visiting the recording engineer who used to run our USC student film scoring sessions and of course getting to catch up a bit with Joey (the director). And I also ran into a violist friend who was actually playing at the session - the musicians and the music were both great, I'm excited to see them in the finished film, which has been announced for September 21 (yup, the day before Yom Kippur - I'll have to see a matinee before heading to Kol Nidre!).
Tonight, Meredith and I and two amazing friends who have been graciously housing our baby gear, hosted a baby shower, helped paint the baby room, and in general are total rock stars, are going to The Herbfarm, considered Seattle's top restaurant, and of course one with a progressive west coast view of food (namely, grow it yourself); there's apparently a tour of the garden (weather permitting), and the description on their website of the exotic herbs they've been growing for tonight's dishes sounds very tasty.
Korby managed to perform another escape routine yesterday morning bright and early. A sprint to and from the park later (well, for me, "sprint" is relative, and boy did that demonstrate how out of shape I am!), I decided to recheck the neighbor's yard on the way home, as they've put up temporary fencing that 'theoretically' should have sealed Korby in (I hadn't seen him or heard him despite a few calls when I first got outside). And sure enough, there he was, sitting there wagging his tail at me through the fence. I had to coax him back through and move a picket, so I'm not sure exactly where he made his escape, but clearly we've got our own border security problems here. Time to get some 2x4"s nailed into place, perhaps this weekend if the rain will hold off...
No comments:
Post a Comment