We're now firmly in the 'any time now' range, and are both nervous and excited to meet our baby! At today's doctor appointment, we got to hear Ziggy once more, and s/he continues to shake and shimmy up a storm in between checkups.
Though it's been tough over the years for Los Angeles friends to make the trek up to Seattle (possibly made somewhat easier by my ridiculously frequent trips down there?), we're excited to be having several Pacific Northwest visitors this week (naturally the weather has turned back toward the cliche overcast chilly weather). Had a nice dinner with Susan and John last night; she's the former USC Hillel rabbi (and now USC's dean of religious life). Two other good friends are heading up here tomorrow for a very exciting project indeed - the recording of the music score for their (director and composer) upcoming film release "Sydney White" (starring Amanda Bynes). I'm hoping to go see at least part of the session on Friday; Seattle definitely continues to be an attractive alternative to LA for film (and video game) score recording, but I haven't been to a recording session in quite some time.
Also in film news today, a good friend of mine was featured on the cover of Variety - congrats, Craig! (Oh, and did I mention Craig and Laurie also recently had a beautiful baby girl? Part of that aforementioned baby flurry!)
We are also looking forward to several other friends coming down (up? Or in the case of our London friends, 'over' I suppose...) in the next few weeks, and I think our parents are of course practically ready to take the controls themselves to get here as soon as there's any news! To answer a common question, we'd of course love to see you whenever you can visit - of course, house space may be at a little bit of a premium for the next month or so, but still, come enjoy the beautiful Seattle summer! (I swear it'll stop raining one of these days.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment