Sunday, July 29, 2007

One day more...

Is this posting title's reference to Les Mis too obscure?Our countdown timer's "number of days" field has dropped to 0 -- we're down to mere hours before our due date! We even exhausted the baby countdown book last night (somehow we'd gotten a day ahead I guess?), and now will only be able to look forward to reading a measly paragraph a night from its "count-up" section. On the plus side, going right up to the date (and possibly beyond?) has given us some extra time to prepare:
  • We've gotten to see a few extra movies (The Simpsons Movie last night, Hairspray a few nights before). I don't think we'd been to the theater so frequently in quite some time! And yes, everyone is telling us that we need to see the topically-pertinent Knocked Up if we get a chance as well.

  • We've gotten to enjoy a nice weekend together, with lovely weather and fairly low-key activities (including Meh finishing Harry Potter and me desperately trying to get through it so that Meh, my brother and I can discuss). Incidentally, best omen of the weekend: while playing Scrabble, I held a bingo in my hand for "DILATION". Granted, it was using a blank, and in the end I couldn't fit it on the board without using an existing N, but still -- how's that for a sign?

  • Last night I finally finished painting the baby's room; the ceiling is back in good shape. I'm planning to finish clearing out the painting supplies today, and that room should at last be ready to accept furniture.

  • We started reorganizing our somewhat unmanageable CD collection, which should give us back some space in the office. (And maybe I'll even use the opportunity to listen to some of my still unopened/vacuum-sealed collection.)

Meanwhile, the rush is on to try to finish preparing my presentations for the Gamefest conference that's starting to look suspiciously close to the big day. I've enlisted backup speakers, but I still do have to at least finish slides and demos beforehand if at all possible. Back to those after this post!

That's about all of the excitement from here for now - the waiting game (and the keep-Meh-comfortable game!) continues. A friend who was a few days late told us: "The suspense was almost as excruciating as labor itself." I'm going to interpret that with the hope that it really means that the suspense was minimal and that labor will be the same for Meredith!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey--those still shrinkwrapped CDs are great for re-gifting (if they were given to you as gifts, of course)!