Last night, Zachary slept through the night - woo hoo! We've now got a handful of examples of this, and while I don't want to jinx it, perhaps the sleep patterns will continue to gradually improve from here. Not that we should complain; he's usually up once or perhaps twice. And not that I have any right to complain at all, since Meh is generally the one actually getting up.While fairly rare (he often goes a day or more between, um, going), Zachary's poop continues to be a prime conversation topic around our house. What amazes me is often the sheer amount - though again, when it's so infrequent, I guess that makes sense. Today he managed to literally poop up to his ears. I'm not kidding; I went to change him, and it was all the way up his back. Ew. By the end, I was seriously just giving him a wet wipe bath; next time I'll likely just run a regular one for him, whether or not it's the middle of the day. Soiled diaper, onesie, pants, shirt, socks, cloth diaper, changing table cover, and about 50 wet wipes later, he seemed clean. We went downstairs for his lunch, and I was still smelling it. I kept looking at him, but couldn't figure out the source - then I noticed my own fingernails. Double ew.
The continuing blowouts have us once again debating if he needs to ramp up to the next size of diapers. Of course these debates always seem to occur when we've got a fairly large stock of the current size that we'd have to unload - hopefully not straight into a landfill. But if an upgrade turns out to be the solution, that will be yet another example of defective sizing guidelines; Size 3 claims to range from 16 to 28 lbs, and Size 4 is supposed to be 22 to 37 lbs. I don't know if he's 22 lbs yet, but he's definitely well within the heart of that so-called Size 3 range.
2 comments:
I know of at least one foodbank that distributes diapers. So if you end up changing sizes, you don't necessarily have to go the landfill route. Just a thought :)
Oh yes, we've got several good possible avenues for diaper donation. They won't go into a landfill at least until they're worn. Oh dear, just brought up the other half of the problem. :)
Post a Comment