Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Does Zachary dream of electric sheep?

(Never really did understand that book's title -- don't people generally count sheep in order to go to sleep? I don't think they'd typically actually dream about them, though I'm sure Freud would beg to differ. Maybe a better title would be Do Androids Count Electric Sheep While Going Into Standby? Wow, dorky. Sorry.)

Watching Zachary sleep is quite an experience. When he's in deep sleep, he's just a cute, warm little limp lump (how's that for alliteration?), with slow steady breathing. Very cozy to just sit and hold him. When he's in light sleep (more frequent, at least at present), he's much more, well, active. Arms occasionally wave and legs kick (particularly in response to noises out in the awake world - I think we may eventually have another light sleeper like myself). His breathing rhythm is all over the place, with occasional sighs, whistles, and squeaks. His eyes flutter (occasionally opening a bit, which is a little creepy, but I suppose no moreso than other sleeping people), he occasionally makes little noises, and his face makes all sorts of responses to whatever's going on in his little mind - winks, grimaces, and very frequent wide smiles. It's very fun watching him sleep. Until I'm reminded that I too should be sleeping while I've got the opportunity.

On that topic, sounds like he's just about asleep now, so time to join him. Nighty night!

No comments: