From several separate conversations yesterday, it sounds like our blog has quite an active following at the moment; there must be some big news coming in the next few days or something. :) Anyway, just a quick warning that if/when things do start to happen, the best indicator may be the site going silent -- I'm not sure if the hospital has a wireless network, or if there will be time in general to post news, though we'll certainly try! Hm, I guess that redoubles the pressure to keep coming up with clever things to talk about more or less daily in the meantime.
Incidentally, the other day we'd posted about family and friends calling to check in, and us having no big news for them. Some friends interpreted that to mean "don't call", which was certainly not the intention - we'd still love to hear from you and catch up before things start to get hectic. And it's perfectly okay to leave a message too; in the last few weeks we've been getting an ever-increasing number of hang-ups on our machine, so either people are feeling like they don't want to bug us, or the baby-related telemarketers are descending already.
Meh's parents arrive later today. It will be nice having family around to offer support and keep us company during the last few days, as well as helping coordinate and assist with all of the stuff we'll inevitably be trying to figure out afterwards. There really is a serious amount of new terminology and gadgetry relating to parenthood; I'm not sure I'll be able to compartmentalize it all, and I'm half expecting to start inadvertently talking about desitin (the diaper rash ointment that apparently has its own full website?!?) while at the podium at a video game conference.
Last night we watched a movie about a rather dysfunctional and disturbing family dynamic (Meh indicated that the original book, apparently a somewhat embellished "memoir", is far more messed up). I keep thinking that however Meh and I act around our baby, that will be their 'norm' and primary source of socialization for the first few years. So much pressure to not be too weird, although Running With Scissors set a pretty high standard there that I think we'll be able to stay under.
No comments:
Post a Comment