A few more early pictures from the weekend are here (should I be worried that it looks like 5 people have already found and viewed them, even before I sent out the link?) - I'll try to post more from the grandmother cameras later on. And as mentioned yesterday, our friend came by with his super fancy digital SLR and even a bounce card (a shiny white flat surface used to get more natural light onto a subject), so I expect we'll have some lovely pics to share soon.
Last night was another long night with a fussy Zachary. Meredith's parents generously watched him from 9 pm to 1 am, which gave Meh a small sleep window, but he was still up nearly all of the rest of the night in one form or another. They say that babies start off 12-hours off from our schedule (they're most active when the mom is sleeping), but hopefully we can gradually get him onto Pacific time in the next few days/weeks. But he's definitely gaining weight at this point, so at least we know he's getting enough food. Perhaps today we'll venture a stroller tour of the neighborhood and/or a bath in the evening to try to calm and/or tire him out a bit more.
In talking about/to Zachary, we find ourselves (and our families) continuing to occasionally call him Ziggy. My mom reports this never happened with my own pre-birth nickname (Boris - thank goodness that one didn't stick!) I'm starting to wonder if we might actually have an ongoing nickname here rather than just a fetal placeholder. So I pose the question to our readers - he'll definitely be Zachary and likely Zach as well, but what about Ziggy?
Incidentally, we've had two different pediatrician friends quip that apgar scores of 10 (recall that Zachary got a 9 out of 10) are either:
a) Only given by novice pediatricians, or
b) Reserved for the children of laywers.
Ah, how the failures of standardized testing are once again illuminated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Scott,
I've put the pictures I took yesterday (sans fancy camera or bounce card) here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kemhs/sets/72157601393865330/
I think Ziggy's a cute nickname! Plus, it starts with a Z, so it's related to Zachary. Also, don't worry about the sleep situation, it gets better, Jakub was the same way, and now, at 4 weeks, he only wakes up once or twice a night.
Sleepless nights----they do go away, I swear. This stage passes so quickly. Enjoy the help from the Grandmas while you have it!
Post a Comment