Hi everyone!
Back at home and starting to figure out how things work when there isn't an endless supply of professionals coming through. I think we'll need to do a supply run later on today, and there may be some pieces of furniture I should pick up. So much of this you don't think about until you're actually in the situation and trying to figure out how to keep mommy and baby comfortable.
I've finally posted our first round of pictures - apologies if some are a little dark, I didn't want to bother Zachary with the flash. Though as a friend of mine later pointed out, some doctors think that's a good idea in general:
More later, but thanks once again to everyone who's been sending us well wishes. One of our neighbors actually drove past as I was unloading Zachary from the car, and came back later to bring us dinner -- how kind and generous of her! Thanks also to all of the wonderful blog comments, e-mails, and phone messages. On that last subject, the answering machine is still blinking menacingly, and I'm somewhat worried about how many messages will be on it when I finally push the play button -- if Zachary gives us a chance, hopefully later on today!
Back at home and starting to figure out how things work when there isn't an endless supply of professionals coming through. I think we'll need to do a supply run later on today, and there may be some pieces of furniture I should pick up. So much of this you don't think about until you're actually in the situation and trying to figure out how to keep mommy and baby comfortable.
I've finally posted our first round of pictures - apologies if some are a little dark, I didn't want to bother Zachary with the flash. Though as a friend of mine later pointed out, some doctors think that's a good idea in general:"From a pediatrician's standpoint, I would not recommend using direct flash in a newborns eyes as the eyes are weak. The muscularture of the eye as well as the nerves of the eye need time to strengthen and develop."While I think that's somewhat paranoid (and of course, as with everything else, you can find twenty opinions among nineteen pediatricians), I'll still try to avoid the flash. Several friends with fancier cameras have offered to come do photo shoots - we'll have to look into that as we start getting into a rhythm and figuring out Zachary's needs and wants!
More later, but thanks once again to everyone who's been sending us well wishes. One of our neighbors actually drove past as I was unloading Zachary from the car, and came back later to bring us dinner -- how kind and generous of her! Thanks also to all of the wonderful blog comments, e-mails, and phone messages. On that last subject, the answering machine is still blinking menacingly, and I'm somewhat worried about how many messages will be on it when I finally push the play button -- if Zachary gives us a chance, hopefully later on today!
2 comments:
He is a doll! Congratulations. I have a car full of stuff here at the library today for you to pick up. I can't wait to meet Zachary. Darcy
Okay, this is too funny, and rather a long story, but when I was about 11, my friend and I were playing Barbies and she decided her Barbie and Ken were going to take their new baby to have its picture taken. I was a bit resentful, because she'd found this Barbie baby in the garbage at church and had originally promised to it to me, so I said, "My Barbie isn't taking her baby to get her picture taken because the flash is bad for their eyes." Of course I was just being snarky - who knew pediatricians would one day agree with me?!
Post a Comment