Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ziggy can you hear me...

Intermittently throughout the pregnancy, we've been keeping a sort of audio journal - beyond capturing all of Ziggy's heartbeat recordings, we occasionally 'self-interview' about what we're hoping for, expecting, nervous about, etc. I'm not entirely sure what to do with these journals - whether to turn them into a CD/podcast for Ziggy to hear at some later age, or just keep as an audio diary for Meh and myself? I guess we'll sort that out later.

Multiple friends had been telling us for weeks that we just had to see Knocked Up. Luckily it's still playing at a theater or two here, so after a hefty but delicious breakfast (with portions typically scaled for at least two meals if not three) at the "world-renowned" Brown Bag (Meh's mom says it's been featured on the Food Network), we headed over to the local mall/movie theater. Most of the trailers were disappointing, but the movie itself was a lot of fun. It was great to see a reunion of virtually all of the 'freaks' from Freaks and Geeks (Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd, and even the now Spiderman-famous James Franco; F&G producer/Michigander Paul Feig had a bit part as well). And certain pregnancy truths were really funny and timely. Perhaps the birth scene [oh, did I give away a plot point? Tough!] was a bit too timely and perhaps, er, graphic, but it was all really fun and a good way to spend an afternoon. Oh, and bonus points to them for some excellently humorous Jewish jokes and even a moderately obscure joke reference to Matisyahu.

Tomorrow is our +1 week doctor's appointment - we should have a better idea of where Ziggy is "station"-wise as well as how s/he is doing afterwards.

Major life events aren't limited to pending babies; today was the wedding of our good friend who officiated as the rabbi at our own wedding a little more than four years ago. I caught some practially live pictures live (well, I would've caught them live if I'd been sitting at a computer at the time) from a friend's iPhone on the scene. (Yes, I think he was sending pictures just to play with his new toy, or perhaps to justify the hefty monthly phone rate? :) Anyway, she was a beautiful bride, the celebration looked wonderful, and we're so sorry that we had to miss the big day. Mazel tov to both Rachel and Joshua!

No comments: