Thursday, August 23, 2007

Zachary goes Hollywood

Today's a big day for Zachary -- first, Meh and a friend of ours are taking their respective youngsters to Zachary's first cinematic experience; a local theater does "Mothers Day Thursdays" early-ish in the morning, with the lights turned up a bit and no worries about babies crying. (I presume they also turn up the volume?) I was wondering if they'd stick to G/PG fare for these, but one of the offerings is The Bourne Ultimatum, so that answers that question -- hopefully no long-term detrimental impact on impressionable baby minds to hear bullets whizzing by and foul language? (I'll admit, I still occasionally use a bit of the latter in Zachary's presence - that'll have to change soon enough...)

Then, if the weather cooperates, and if Zachary cooperates, we're going to have a picnic and attend a concert in the park with some friends. One of the orchestras I perform with is playing a concert of film music (sensing a theme here?), which includes three arrangements/"takedowns" (takedown: I listen to a recording and reconstruct the orchestration) and three original compositions (film cues from back in my USC days) that I put together for them. Should be fun to hear them from the audience perspective, if the stars align and we do indeed end up going.

No comments: